Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer Jessup, MD
Job Summary of the Senior Hardware Engineer:
Senior level Hardware design Engineer is needed to play a key role in product life-cycle including new product development and sustaining engineering. for one of our clients in Maryland. This client is well known for it's products and services which are used across the world. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. If you have strong experience with analog & digital electronic circuit design along with the knowledge of C/C++ and PCB layout, then this opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Senior Hardware Engineer:
- Analog and digital hardware design, schematic capture, layout, prototyping, and testing
- Drive product design and feature decisions with Product Management.
- Design and develop hardware for new products.
- Take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware and provide input and guidance to Junior Engineers.
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details.
- Lead design reviews and uphold hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Collaboration with other team members (hardware & software engineers and electronic technicians) to agree on system designs, interfaces, and protocols.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
Qualifications for the Senior Hardware Engineer:
- BSEE with Excellent Technical Writing Skills
- Strong knowledge of analog & digital electronic circuit design
- 8+ years experience in a design environment
- PCB layout experience with consideration for EMI / high-speed signals / RF
- Basic C/C++ skills, to assist with early hardware bring-up and test, are a plus
- Management experience at team or department level
- PMP certification and/or project management exposure will be preferred
- Experience in Electronics Manufacturing or Power Electronics industry will be preferred
- Experience with Lean Product Development and Interfacing Agile software team will be preferred
Compensation of the Senior Hardware Engineer: Salary Range: $115,000-$130,000-/year, depending on experienceLocation: Jessup, MD Type: Direct Travel: As and when required Relocation Assistance: Subject to review Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be consideredKnowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Hardware, electrical, pcb, circuit, design, development, document, specifications interfaces, analog, digital, electronic, EMI, "high-speed signals", RF, C, C++, "Technical Writing", "Power Electronics", "Product Development", PMP, Management, lead,
- Reference Number: j-2218
- Dated Posted: 2020-08-19
- Valid Through: 2020-09-19
- Industry: Hardware
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: Between USD 115000.00 and 130000.00 Per Year
- Location: Jessup, MD, Maryland, 20794, US (Calculate Commute Time)